Houghton Village Hall News February 2014
2013 was all about raising money for the Hall… 2014 is about spending it on Hall improvements!
The Committee met in January and discussed the Hall ‘wish list’. Priorities at the moment are:
– Making the rear outside cupboards watertight, for storage
– Improving lighting inside the hall
– Purchasing a new cooker
– Improving the outside of the Hall…guttering, grounds , signs etc
– Purchasing additional cutlery/crockery which will also be available to hire for ‘outside’ events
– Publishing Minutes of Village Hall Committee Meetings and Accounts on the village noticeboard and website.
We are also focusing on improving booking arrangements, booking online, viewing availability online etc and will be applying for the ‘Hallmark Scheme’, a quality standard for village halls.
As ever, if you have any suggestions or requests about the hall please contact a member of the
Village Hall Committee
It’s YOUR Village Hall
Village Hall AGM is in April – more details to follow next month